Saturday, October 13, 2007

irony 101

From the AP
"I think there is too much concentration of power in the Kremlin. I have told the Russians that. Everybody has doubts about the full independence of the judiciary. There are clearly questions about the independence of the electronic media and there are, I think, questions about the strength of the Duma," said Rice, referring to the Russian parliament.

I just don't know what to freakin say. Has she even seen the Daily Show - let alone Saturday Night Live over the last million years - and she can't even see the irony in her stupidity? The AP didn't say anything about Rice struggling to keep a straight face. But I guess that's why she's the Secretary of State. Ask Colin.

And yes I know that Gawfabid there is a hint here that I am comparing our Perfect Republic(tm) to the horrible bunch-o-ruskie bastards but still.

Has she never talked to Alberto in the last 6 years?

This is exactly the kind of thing that the criminal Bushism opens us to. Who the fuck is going to take any criticism we say seriously (I can't even do it for crissakes and I think Putin is a major creep) when since 9-11-changed-everything we can't even say that we AREN'T ourselves doing exactly what Rice says Russia is.

Seriously in the quote above change "Kremlin" to White House" and "the Russians" to "President Bush". Is there a note of cognitive dissonance?

No.

Secretary Rice, all I can say to you is get bent.

No comments: